FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) -- Fort Wayne Police say they've charged a Wisconsin woman with murder in the 2002 stabbing death of a 17-year-old girl.
Police say they arrested 33-year-old Holly Boisvert Wednesday without incident after officers traveled to Fond du Lac, Wisc.
Boisvert is accused of stabbing 17-year-old Stacy Degrandchamp at 1353 Guthrie St. on Aug. 15, 2002.
Degrandchamp was a student at Wayne High School.
Boisvert would have been 16 at the time.
Officers say the arrest comes after nearly a year of reviewing evidence, conducting forensic testing and interviewing witnesses in multiple states, including Boisvert.
Boisvert is currently being held in the Fond Du Lac County Jail before she is extradited to Fort Wayne.
- Wisconsin woman accused of killing Fort Wayne teen in 2002
- Knife leads to an arrest in 2002 Fort Wayne cold case
- Missing Fort Wayne teen found safe
- Woman, child from Fort Wayne killed in crash
- Coroner IDs Fort Wayne woman killed in fiery crash
- Fort Wayne woman killed by car on South Anthony identified
- Man killed outside Fort Wayne Hotel
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Fort Wayne family searches for missing woman
- Fort Wayne woman starts mental health initiative