WILLSHIRE, Ohio (WFFT) - Willshire Home Furnishings is reminding people the meaning of Memorial Day.
Its annual Memorial Day Celebration is happening this weekend.
There are currently more than 160 military uniforms and memorablilia for people to enjoy.
Aleta Weiss started the tradition after finding her father's military items.
"I decided to put his uniform in one of the windows. I put it in there and it looked kind of strange to just have his in there," said Weiss.
Last year more than 1,500 people toured the store.
Willshire Home Furnishings will be open over the Memorial Day weekend are Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, 9 am-6 pm. Those with disabilities and local nursing facilities may bring their residents the Tuesday following the Memorial Day celebration through Friday, May 31st.
Free will donations received over the weekend benefit Honor Flight Northeast Indiana. Willshire Home Furnishings has donated over $8,000 to HFNEI so far.
- Willshire Home Furnishings turns into military museum for Memorial Day
- National Military History Museum to become "positive community asset"
- Veterans National Memorial Shrine and Museum receiving generous help
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Locals honor the fallen on Memorial Day
- Military kids honor their dads deployed on Father's Day
- Earth Day turns into Earth Week in Fort Wayne
- Memorial Day Parade in Fort Wayne brings back memories for those who served
- Splash pads and pools open Memorial Day weekend
- Trying to beat the heat on Memorial Day