FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Wicked Good Cupcakes made their grand debut in Fort Wayne at the Michiana Wine Festival Saturday.
As seen on the show, 'Shark Tank,' the cupcakes in a jar originated in Boston, but a Fort Wayne mother and daughter brought the concept home with them.
"We're from Fort Wayne, but our truck just came up from Florida on Easter, so we've been out doing festivals, and this is our first big event. We're really excited," said Amber Quin-Elliott, co-owner.
This weekend they were featured at the Michiana Wine Festival, but they have plans to hit other events throughout the year. The owners said people love Wicked Good Cupcakes because they're an easy dessert on the go.
"You just simply open them, eat what you want, put them on the counter, put them on the desk, put them next to your bed, and the good thing about this is you don't have to share," said Sandi Bubb, Amber's mom, and the other co-owner.
Wicked Good Cupcakes come in a variety of flavors, and are $7.50 a piece. The jars are the equivalent to two traditional cupcakes.
The truck can be booked for any special event. For more information, you can follow the duo on Facebook.
- Wicked Good Cupcakes come to Fort Wayne
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Visit Fort Wayne launches Fort Wayne Accessibility landing page
- Two Fort Wayne nightclubs closing
- Fort Wayne housing market booming
- Fort Wayne church helps Haiti
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success
- Fort Wayne alleys getting facelift
- Fort Wayne's 2019 budget approved
- Fort Wayne Police investigating shooting