FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Community leaders and local businesses have stepped up to provide meals to children who are in need as schools close for several weeks because of the COVID-19, Novel Coronavirus.
If you know a place that is not on our list feel free to let us know and we will continue to update it with as many local resources as possible.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
Here is a spreadsheet of local restaurants that are currently providing takeout/delivery, courtesy of Visit Fort Wayne.
You can find additional free resources for Allen County here.
Here are some locations and times where you can get a free meal for your children:
- The Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Kids Cafe program meals will be available at Jennings, Cooper, Weisser and McMillen Centers Monday through Friday between 4 and 5 p.m. for K-12 students.
- The meals will be offered for youth to pick up and take with them.
- There will be no serving or eating indoors as the youth centers are closed due public health precautions.
- The meals are first-come, first-served and will be served as supplies last each day.
- The program will continue as meals are available, and no end date has been announced.
- Willie's Family Restaurant: Monday-Friday; 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.; click here for more information.
- The Blue Bird Restaurant: Monday-Friday; 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; click here for more information.
- Lucille's BBQ: Monday-Friday; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; click here for more information.
- Fort Wayne Community Schools will provide free meals for children beginning Tuesday, March 17.
- Meals are available for all children, regardless of the school they attend, ages birth through high school.
- FWCS will distribute breakfast and lunch packs from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. daily at all FWCS elementary schools.
- Children must be present to pick up the meals, which will be distributed by drive-up or walk-up.
- Meals will be available Monday through Friday during the entire closure, including during spring break (March 30-April 3).
- FWCS currently plans to be closed through April 10.
- The West Noble School Corporation will have a drive-by food pick up at the Primary school on Sunday, March 22 at 2:00 pm.
- Food may include dairy products and produce.
- All Dairy Queen locations in Fort Wayne, as well as Bluffton, and Decatur are offering free kids meals until schools reopen.
- 1025 W. Coliseum Blvd.
- (260) 471-1715
- Caliente Cuban
- 120 W. Wayne St, Fort Wayne, 46802
- (260) 471-0900