ROME CITY, Ind. (WFFT) - The Indiana Department of Natural Resources lifted a motor boat restriction on the West Lakes in Noble County Wednesday.
The DNR said there is now an idle speed restriction on the lake chain near Rome City because water levels are going down.
An idle speed restriction is put into effect when surface water conditions are likely to enter dwelling structures as a result of wake.
The West Lakes Chain consists of Waldron, Steinbarger, Tamarack and Jones lakes.
- West Lakes reopens for motor boats, idle speed only
- No motor boat order issued for West Lakes
- Boating restrictions lifted on the West Lakes
- No motor order issued as flooding continues along the West Lakes
- Roger Penske buys Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IndyCar
- Flooding returns to the West Lakes
- As GM's Lordstown plant idles, an iconic American job nears extinction
- Lake Avenue, Maplecrest Road reopened after truck overturns
- Hillegas Road bridge reopens
- State Boulevard reopens