ROME CITY, Ind. (WFFT) - The West Lakes Association is getting two grants from the Indiana DNR.
One grant for $13,000 will be used to treat vegitation growing in the Elkhart River.
Another $92,000 grant will remove sediment in a few areas of the lake chain.
Two years ago the West Lakes saw historic flooding damaging homes and closing the lakes for most of the summer.
These grants are a part of the association's effort to prevent severe floods.
- West Lakes receives grants to continue flood mitigation
- Flooding returns to the West Lakes
- No motor order issued as flooding continues along the West Lakes
- West Lakes still moving on from record flood
- Bill aimed at reducing West Lakes flooding passes Indiana House
- West Lakes flooding lower than expected because of residents efforts
- West Lakes residents hopeful flooding won't repeat history
- Fort Wayne International Airport receives runway grants
- Science Central receives NASA mini-grant
- Rescue Mission receives grant from AEP Foundation