Photo Gallery 2 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A Wells Fargo bank branch on West State Boulevard was robbed Monday morning.
Police were called just after 9:30 a.m. to the Wells Fargo at 901 W. State Blvd., at Sherman Boulevard.
According to police, a man walked into the branch and said he had a gun then demanded cash by passing a note to a teller.
Police said the man never showed a gun, was given cash, and got away on foot.
There were customers inside the bank and no one was hurt during the hold-up.
The suspect got away running eastbound with an unknown amount of money at this time.
Police are asking anyone that might have seen or recognizes this robbery suspect to contact police at 427-1201 and or Crime Stoppers at 436-7867.
This incident remains under investigation by the Fort Wayne Police Department, Allen County Police Department, Indiana State Police, the Bank Robbery Task force and the Allen County Prosecutor’s office.
- Wells Fargo branch robbed Monday morning
- Wells Fargo selling banks
- Police looking for man who robbed two Wells Street businesses
- Hartford City BMV Branch to Relocate
- Indiana BMV branches to be closed several days for holidays
- Portion of Wells Street closing
- FWPD involved in Monday morning standoff
- Toddler dies in Monday morning crash
- Wells County Police investigating shooting, burglary
- New mural unveiled on Wells Street