FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The city of Fort Wayne is being a little lax about the city's weed ordinance for now.
That's because not many people have been able to mow their yards with all the rain we've had this spring, including city properties.
A city spokeswoman told FOX 55 the code enforcement won't issue citations if there is standing water in your yard.
If you have been cited and have standing water on your property, you call 311 to work an agreement with the city.
- Weed enforcement not as strict with wet spring
- City starting weed enforcement with new app
- Fort Wayne weed ordinance now enforced for summer season
- Most northeast Indiana fields unplanted after very wet spring
- ACPL addresses collection weeding concerns
- Wet microburst hits Haviland, Ohio
- People upset Waynedale business isn't keeping weeds down
- SCAN collecting Spring baskets Tuesday
- State police worry about legal weed in Michigan crossing state lines
- They went to an abandoned home to smoke weed. Inside, they found a tiger.