FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — We're going to take a look back at the climatology of Thanksgiving.
Even though it changes dates each year, we have a record of all the weather conditions from the holiday.
The records are kept by the National Weather Service Northern Indiana and go back all the way to 1950.
Typically, our average high temperature for Thanksgiving is 43.6 degrees in Fort Wayne, IN.
The warmest high temperature we saw on Thanksgiving was 63 degrees, set in 1973.
Our average low temperature is 29.2 degrees.
The coldest low temperature we saw on Thanksgiving was 3 degrees, which happened in 1950.
It was less than 10 years ago that we saw the most rain ever on Thanksgiving.
In 2010, we saw 1.78 inches of rain that year.
We have to go back to 1980 to find the most snow that has fallen on Thanksgiving.
We saw 4.0 inches of snow that year!
This year we're going to see a high temperature of 41 degrees and cloudy skies.
Our low temperature will be 30 degrees.
- Weather Blog: Thanksgiving weather history
- Weather Blog: early Thanksgiving outlook
- Weather Blog: Thanksgiving week travel concerns
- Weather Blog: Fall weather summary
- Weather Blog: 2019 Weather Stats
- Weather Blog: Holiday travel
- Weather Blog: Flood safety
- Weather Blog: Derecho
- Weather Blog: Tornado Safety
- Weather Blog: Lightning safety