Get ready for the coldest air of the season.
A Canadian high pressure system has moved into our area, bringing in winter-like temperatures with it.
Your Friday night football games are going to be cold.
Game temperatures begin near 30 degrees, but fall into the low 20s by the end of the game.
Feel like temperatures are going to be even colder. Those will be in the upper teens and low 20s.
If you're heading out to a game, you're going to need to bundle up. Hats, gloves, scarves, winter coats and extra layers will all be crucial to staying warm.
Blankets and even getting hot chocolate will help keep you warm during the game.
Good luck to our area teams playing in their sectional championship games Friday night!
- Weather blog: Cold Friday night football games
- Weather Blog: Cold at regional championship games
- Weather Blog: Heavy Snow Friday Night
- WEATHER BLOG: Saturday night sunset
- Weather blog: Record cold high temperature broken
- Weather Blog: Not as Cold This Year
- Weather Blog: Holiday travel
- Weather Blog: Flood safety
- Weather Blog: Derecho
- Weather Blog: Tornado Safety