FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — Wintry weather is on the way for Northeastern Indiana and Northwestern Ohio.
Rain showers will continue to lift up from the southwest to the northeast through the middle of Tuesday afternoon.
DOWNLOAD OUR WEATHER APPS
• Pay attention to traffic and vehicles in front of you. Put the phone down and get to your destination safely.— INDOT Northeast (@INDOTNortheast) February 25, 2020
• Brake early and often, and give yourself plenty of space between you and other vehicles.
A few snowflakes may mix in from time to time north of U.S. 6 through the middle afternoon before changing over to snow near the evening commute.
Temperatures will continue to fall across the region from west to east.
A rain and snow mix will be possible near the Fort Wayne metro Tuesday evening before changing to snow Tuesday night.
Expect snow showers Tuesday night through Wednesday.
The heaviest snowfall will occur Wednesday and it's expected to impact travel.
Quick bursts of snow could dump an inch or two of snow in less than an hour.
A winter weather advisory goes into effect for the FOX 55 viewing area at 7 p.m. Tuesday and continues into 1 a.m. Thursday.
Snowfall totals could exceed 6 inches for Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble and Steuben counties by Thursday morning.
The rest of the area including Allen, Defiance, DeKalb and Paulding counties could see 4 to 6 inches of snow.
Isolated higher amounts will be possible.
The last time the area has seen more than 6 inches of snowfall in one day was on Dec. 11, 2016.
On Thursday, we will be dealing with a strong and gusty northwest wind.
This will result in frigid wind chills and blowing snow.
Light lake effect snow showers will be possible off and on Thursday.
High temperatures will struggle in the mid-20s Thursday afternoon.
For more weather information, go to our weather page or download the FOX 55 Severe Weather Center App to track precipitation in your area.
- Weather Blog: Moderate to Heavy Snow Expected
- Weather Blog: Heavy Snow Friday Night
- Weather blog: Snow arrives Monday
- Weather Blog: Snow comes back Wednesday
- Weather blog: Record snow in Fort Wayne
- Weather Blog: Snow returns Wednesday night
- Weather Blog: Holiday travel
- Weather Blog: Flood safety
- Weather Blog: Derecho
- Weather Blog: Tornado Safety