FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Wayne Township Trustee Richard A. Stevenson, Sr. announced he will be retiring from office.
Stevenson, who is serving in his fourth term, first took office in 2007.
The 73-year-old trustee is finishing the first-year of a four year term.
Stevenson doesn't know when his last day will be, but is beginning the process to retire as an elected official.
"One politician told me years ago, if I wanted to, I could be the trustee all my life. I never thought of them having to roll me out of the Wayne Township Trustee Office," Stevenson said.
Chief Deputy Trustee Austin Knox will serve as the interim trustee.
The Allen County Democratic Party will hold a caucus to fill the remainder of Stevenson's term.
- Wayne Township Trustee announces retirement
- Small Indiana townships face forced mergers
- Jackson Township Hall moved to new location
- Washington Township crash leads to one arrest
- Purdue University trustees consider more student housing
- Fort Wayne Fire Department now responding to all of St. Joseph Township calls
- Wabash superintendent elected as chairman to Ivy Tech Fort Wayne Board of Trustees
- Fort Wayne announces leaf collection schedule
- Fort Wayne retirement community residents honor local teachers
- Indiana House GOP wants small townships to consolidate