WATERLOO, Ind. (WFFT) - Waterloo won't be getting a community center in the near future.
Waterloo's town council decided against buying the old Gibson's Heating and Plumbing building near the train depot.
As part of a study done last year, the town planned to convert the building to a police station and community center.
Right now the groups that would've been in the community center are looking at other options.
- Waterloo's town council rejects buying property for community center
- Waterloo exploring community center possibility
- Waterloo buying block to spark new development
- Waterloo launches crowd funding for Waterloo Memorial Park
- Waterloo man dead after crash
- City council approves North River property purchase
- Voters reject Manchester Community Schools referendum
- Sweetwater Sound, Inc. buys Aunt Millie's property downtown
- City of Waterloo working towards new developments
- Development plans move forward in Butler, Waterloo