WATERLOO, Ind. (WFFT) - The Waterloo holiday party is still scheduled even though the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train might be dark as it travels across Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
The train has been lit as it traveled across the country over the last 19 years collecting money and food for those in need along the way.
CP said this year, the train could remain "dark" as it travels on Norfolk Southern lines in northern Indiana because of safety concerns.
People are encouraged to stay at least 50 feet away from the tracks as trains travel by.
Waterloo is still planning its holiday party, with extra security to make sure people stay off the tracks.
The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train will go through Waterloo on its 20th annual trip to Chicago whether it’s lit or not on Friday night, November 30, sometime after 10 p.m.
The party will be November 30, 8 p.m. – 1 a.m. with food, beverage, activity and art market vendors.
Canned food donations will also be accepted.
- Waterloo still planning holiday celebration despite holiday train changes
- FOX 55 celebrates the Mother's Day Holiday
- Development plans move forward in Butler, Waterloo
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Holiday Cab program returns
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Waterloo launches crowd funding for Waterloo Memorial Park
- Waterloo man dead after crash
- Waterloo exploring community center possibility
- Holiday Blooms Fundraiser starts up for holiday season