FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) – A water main break is causing traffic delays on Fort Wayne's west side.
The water main broke in the westbound lanes of Jefferson Boulevard in the area of Apple Glen Boulevard Wednesday afternoon.
The right turn lane at the intersection of Apple Glen Boulevard, along with one of the westbound lanes, is closed to traffic.
Drivers should expect slowed traffic are advised to avoid the area.
Repair crews are working with businesses in the area to allow them to complete their day before turning water service off to make the repairs for this evening.
The water shutoff will not affect the shopping area.
The city says repairs are expected to last through the night.
- Water main break delays traffic on Jefferson Blvd.
- Water main break restricts traffic on Washington Blvd.
- Water main break on North Clinton causes traffic delays
- Jefferson Blvd Motorcycle crash victim identified
- Fort Wayne police investigating deadly motorcycle crash on Jefferson Blvd
- Construction crew causes water main break
- Crews work on water main break
- Crews work to repair water main break on East Pettit
- City repairs three water main breaks on North Clinton Street
- Water main break causing lane restriction, closure of Science Central