FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Fort Wayne was flirting with spring Sunday following the polar vortex last week.
Sarah Bender came out to play badminton. She said she's going to take advantage of the 50 degree weather while it's here.
"We have really great parks and walkways and things to use, and it's just a nice day," she said.
Runners, kids, families, and even furry friends were feeling the thaw.
"I was wondering if she knew what a walk was still, but she knew. She was very excited to be out," Bender said of her dog.
Jessica Lambert said she was just happy to get some fresh air.
"It is gorgeous out here. I've been stuck in the house for like four days with it being so nasty out, so I'm happy just to be able to get out in the air for a while," Lambert said.
She was surprised there weren't more people out at Northside Park.
"I hope more people get out while they can before they get trapped inside again for the winter," she said.
At Lakeside Park, Lia Rose was selling Girl Scout cookies with her mom and little sister.
"My little sister and me are doing Girl Scouts, and it was very easy since it was not cold or snowy," she said.
Lia said it was a slow business day with the big game, but she'll be back out Monday to try again.
But, as FOX 55 Severe Weather Center Meteorologists forecasted, the heatwave isn't expected to stick around.
- Warm weather brings people outside
- Nice weather brings people to Motorama
- Adoption celebration brings families together
- DNR brings trout to Shoaff Park
- Decatur family brings 'movie magic' to community
- Police bring holiday cheer to local shoppers
- Formula for Life 5K brings out community
- Bridal Spectacular brings out future brides
- City Utilities partnership brings water line insurance
- Fort Wayne Air Show brings out thousands