FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- A man wanted in Fort Wayne for crimes including leaving the scene of a crash, domestic battery, strangulation, and gun charges was captured Tuesday night after a police pursuit.
The Fort Wayne Police Department's Gang and Violent Crimes Unit was tasked to look for 25-year-old Keon Oakley in connection with several investigations including leaving the scene of a crash that left someone hurt Tuesday.
Detectives found Oakley in the passenger seat of the suspected hit and run vehicle just before 8:00 p.m. in the area of Illinois and Thomas Road.
Police tried to stop the vehicle, but the driver, 36-year-old Dean Lichtsinn, refused to pull over, leading officers on a six minute pursuit.
The chase ended at 5600 Lois Lane with both men being taken into custody. Oakley had a pistol with him at the time that he did not have a permit for.
Lichtsinn is facing a felony charge of resisting law enforcement.
- Wanted man captured after police pursuit
- Arrests made following police pursuit
- Alligator in Plymouth pond captured
- Police seek wanted sex offender
- Sheriff: Deputy shot in pursuit won't survive
- Democrats capture House, GOP holds Senate
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County
- Man killed by police identified
- Noble County Police looking for woman wanted on several charges
- Councilman wants projects addressed