NOBLE COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - An off-duty Indiana Trooper arrested a wanted man and his female companion on State Road 9 near Chain-O-Lakes State Park Wednesday evening.
Just before 6:00 p.m., Trooper Richard Williams spotted 34 year-old Tony Jacobs driving southbound on State Road 9 near County Road 75 S. The trooper turned around to go after Jacobs' vehicle. Jacobs was driving a 2002 Toyota passenger car.
Jacobs allegedly pulled into a driveway in the 1200 block of south State Road 9 and got out of the car. When the trooper reached the driveway, Jacobs took off running.
Trooper Williams ordered Jacobs' passenger, 38 year-old Melissa A. Johnson to stay in the vehicle. The trooper then apprehended Jacobs without further incident.
Further investigation revealed that Johnson was in illegal possession of a fentanyl patch and was also wanted on an arrest warrant in Noble County for operating while intoxicated. Johnson was also taken into custody without incident.
Jacobs and Johnson were both taken to the Noble County Jail.
Jacobs faces charges of habitual traffic violater (10 years), resisting law enforcement, operating while intoxicated-refusal, arrest warrant out of LaGrange County for burglary, and parole violation warrant for burgarly.
Johnson faces charges of possession of a controlled substance, and arrest warrant out of Noble County for operating while intoxicated.
- Wanted man and woman arrested by off duty trooper
- Wanted man arrested in death of Gary woman
- Man wanted in Bryan homicide arrested
- Police arrest man wanted in connection to Thursday homicide
- Man hurt in Indianapolis bar fight with off-duty officers awarded $1.25M
- Indiana State Trooper injured in shooting
- Ohio State Trooper hit on slick roads
- Off duty officer alerted to disturbance at Kroger
- Off-duty Los Angeles police officer dies after shooting
- Wanted man captured after police pursuit