The new Palliative Care Clinic is located at 2514 E. Dupont Road, Suite 120, on the Dupont Hospital campus.
SIGN UP FOR BREAKING NEWS ALERTS
Tuesday's open house allowed the Fort Wayne community to get a feel for the new space, as well as the services they will provide.
“Of the many initiatives that Dupont Hospital has launched since my arrival in 2017, I am so very pleased to have the Palliative Care team at Visiting Nurse join our campus," said Lorenzo Suter, Dupont Hospital CEO. "The Visiting Nurse team has a compassionate approach to helping patients and families who are facing challenging circumstances and situations."
Palliative medicine addresses physical, emotional and social needs to help patient autonomy, access to information and choice of treatment.
Palliative care is for patients who have illnesses such as:
- Stroke, Parkinson's disease, Dementia, ALS
- Cardiac/Heart disease
- Lung disease/COPD
- Renal failure
- Liver Disease
“Visiting Nurse is excited to provide Palliative Care to patients and families in need," said Leslie Friedel, Visiting Nurse CEO. "This new location will be beneficial for patients who live throughout the northeast Indiana region and need this specialized level of care."
The Palliative Care Clinic team will help patients manage symptoms including pain, neuropathy, anxiety, nausea, shortness of breath, weakness, fatigue and others.
Appointments at the new Palliative Care Clinic can be scheduled Monday through Friday.
Referrals can be made by calling 260-435-3222.
- Visiting Nurse brings Palliative Care Clinic to Dupont Hospital
- Dupont Hospital to unveil expansion
- Dupont Hospital unveils Lutheran Children's Hospital expansion
- Dupont Road now open
- Dupont Road construction underway
- Dupont Road seeing development boom
- Dupont Road construction is complete
- Dupont Hospital to add medically-integrated health and fitness center
- Community meets contractor for Dupont Road project
- Rise & Roll Bakery opens Dupont Road location