FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) — The Fort Wayne Police Department has released a video of Jabari Mbwelera from January the night he was last seen before his body was recovered from an Ohio River.
Mbwelera, 26, was reported missing on Jan. 23rd.
In the video he can be seen waiting on a porch for a ride.
When a car arrives he crosses the street with two duffel bags and willingly gets into the car.
The Defiance County Sheriff's Office recovered Mbwelera's body from the Maumee River on May 24th. The body was positively identified late last week using DNA from Mbwelera's parents.
Defiance County initially said the case would be turned over to Fort Wayne Police, but Fort Wayne now says Defiance County will lead the investigation with help from them.
Currently, no time of death has been determined and the coroner has ruled no signs of truama.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Defiance County Sheriff's Department at (419) 784-1155.
Check back with FOX 55 News as more information becomes available.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- WATCH: Video shows Jabari Mbwelera moments before disappearance
- Family and friends say their final goodbye to Jabari Mbwelera
- Video shows the moment a Hispanic man was brutally attacked with acid
- Video shows woman push man off bus
- Watch the biggest moments of the CNN/New York Times debate last night
- Search for Kevin Nguyen continues three weeks after disappearance
- Anti-vaccine movies disappear from Amazon after CNN Business report
- Video shows Florida officer hitting 14-year-old twice during arrest
- Video shows holiday hang glider flight going horribly wrong
- Video shows mail carrier routinely pepper spraying dog