BERNE, Ind. (WFFT) —The Adams County Coroner’s Office has identified the victim involved in the Wednesday afternoon shooting in southern Adams County near Berne.
The victim has been identified as 11-years-old Sam S.M. Girod.
The coroner has determined the cause of death as a single gunshot to the torso area.
The Adams County Sheriff’s office would like to remind everyone to make sure your firearms are secured properly to make sure that incidents like this will never happen. “This was a 100% preventable death. Make sure you are protecting your children and securing your firearms.”
All inquiries into this investigation will be handled by the Adams County Prosecutor office.
The names of the other person involved are minors and will not be released.
- Victim identified in fatal Adams County accidental shooting
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting, victim identified
- Shooting victim identified
- Coroner identifies shooting victim
- Kroger shooting victim identified
- Boy in Adams County accidentally shot by sibling
- Northcrest Drive shooting victim identified
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified
- Central Avenue shooting victim identified