INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Vice President Mike Pence will be heading to the Midwest in the coming weeks, with speeches planned in Detroit and Indianapolis.
The Detroit Economic Club says Pence will speak to the organization Monday at the MotorCity Casino Hotel during an event rescheduled from earlier this month.
Under @realDonaldTrump, the economy is growing & jobs are soaring. This Monday, I will travel to the Great State of Michigan where I’ll talk to the Detroit Economic Club about why our economic agenda is benefiting businesses large & small and hardworking Americans are thriving!— Vice President Mike Pence (@VP) August 14, 2019
The former Indiana governor will then speak Aug. 28 during the American Legion's national convention in Indianapolis.
He also addressed the military veterans group last year during its convention in Minneapolis.
Pence's office says he travel Sept. 3-6 to Europe, with stops planned in Iceland, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The trip comes as new British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is trying to negotiate a new deal for leaving the European Union at the end of October.
- Vice President Pence planning Detroit, Indianapolis trips
- Indiana governor planning trips to Israel, Europe in May
- Indiana governor plans auto-focused trade trip to Italy
- Indiana governor plans business trips to Japan, China, India
- Police link 4th freeway shooting to same suspects in Detroit
- Detroit family seeks help from Fort Wayne to make arrest
- Indianapolis Colts fire Head Coach Chuck Pagano
- Indianapolis receives worker's 'chronic body odor' lawsuit
- Indianapolis airport holding flight rehearsals for travelers
- Suspended Indianapolis priest charged with sex crimes