Photo Gallery 1 Images
WATERLOO, Ind. (WFFT) - The money raised will be used for a vacant lot to construct the first phase of the park which includes digging a fishing pond, building a sledding hill, adding a trail, landscaping and a fenced area for dogs to run.
As of Tuesday morning, the campaign raised more than $40,000 toward the $48,750 goal.
“We had several donations come in in the last day and we put them all together- $19,500 came in and we went over our goal.Now we will be matched by state funds by the IHCDA Creating Places program for another $48,000. We'll have over 100,000 to build phase one of our new park," Town manager Tena Woenker said.
The goal of the Park Board is to complete phase one of the park this year, and then come back in 20-21 with bigger items like the Veterans Memorial sculpture, and connecting the park with a trail to the Auburn- Waterloo Bikeway.
- Veterans Memorial Park in Waterloo meets fundraising goal
- Waterloo launches crowd funding for Waterloo Memorial Park
- Waterloo man dead after crash
- Waterloo exploring community center possibility
- Improvements to Memorial Park tabled at board meeting
- City of Waterloo working towards new developments
- Development plans move forward in Butler, Waterloo
- Waterloo teen arrested in stabbing Monday
- One dead, one hurt in Waterloo crash
- Waterloo buying block to spark new development