FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A man accused of murdering two year old Malakai Garrett is found not guilty.
A jury found Mitchell Vanryn not guilty of the murder charge Thursday. However Vanryn was found guilty of aggravated battery and domestic battery.
Malakai's mother, Amber Garrett, is still facing neglect charges in the case. Her next court appearance is scheduled for later this year.
- Vanryn not guilty of murder in death of toddler
- Trial date set for Vanryn
- Trial pushed back for Mitchell Vanryn
- Babysitter charged with murder in toddler's death
- Toddler's death under investigation
- Toddler's death ruled a homicide
- Suspect in toddler's death arrested
- Fort Wayne man pleads guilty to neglect in toddler's death
- Aunt of homicide victim speaks out about toddler's death
- Mother charged with neglect in toddler's death appears in court