FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Grinch is out trying to disrupt Christmas cheer this holiday season.
Sunday, someone busted lights in a handful of displays at the Fantasy of Lights at Franke Park.
Crews worked all day Monday to get the lights back up and running for everyone to enjoy.
"It's a little disappointing that is something that is for good, that some folks reacted this way," said Donnell Miller, Blue Jackets secretary.
Miller said crews spent the day fixing sponsor spotlights damaged by the vandals just before the displayed opened Sunday.
Tunnel lights like these were also unplugged.
"We were able to get it back up and running last night. Unfortunately it slowed some things down early on," Miller said.
Miller said they don't have cameras set up along the display, but he said two kids were seen riding bikes through the park just before Sunday night's opening may be to blame.
Until the vandals are caught, he said he's practicing the Blue Jacket's philosophy.
"We understand people do things that will at some point regret later in life and hopefully these folks who did this will understand they regret it," said Miller.
If you have any information, call police.
- Vandals target "Fantasy of Lights"
- Fantasy of Lights on display through New Year's Eve
- Fantasy of Lights set to wrap up season
- Republicans pushing target for Indiana schools spending
- Target is chasing moms and dads
- FWPD targeting school bus stop arm violators
- New Parkinson's psychosis drug target of DOJ investigation
- Bernie Sanders announces rural America plan that targets corporate farms
- Two juveniles arrested for vandalism at the Veteran’s Memorial at Schnelker Park
- Search on for vandal who destroyed statues at Colorado's state Capitol