VAN WERT, Ohio (WFFT) — Van Wert County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal crash that occurred on U.S. Route 30 at John Brown Road.
Sheriff Thomas Riggenbach said, on Monday night, his office received a 911 call about a Semi-Tractor and car crash on U.S. 30 and John Brown Road in the westbound lanes shortly after 10.
Investigators say a 2018 Volvo CB, driven by 67-year-old Homer E. Bolin, of Georgetown, Kentucky, and a 2011 Dodge Avenger, driven by 58-year-old Kathi R. Williams, of Van Wert, were involved in the crash.
Deputies believe, the crash happened when the vehicle being driven south bound on John Brown Road by Kathi Williams failed to stop at the stop sign and was struck on the driver side by the Semi being driven west bound on U.S. 30.
Both vehicles sustained heavy damage and were towed from the scene.
Deputies say Williams, sustained fatal injuries as a result of the crash and was pronounced dead at the scene by the Van Wert County Coroner’s Office.
The driver of the semi was not injured, according to the report.
Sheriff Riggenbach said the crash remains under investigation.
- Van Wert semi versus car collision kills 1
- Van Wert seeing tourism boom
- Van Wert celebrates War of 1812 veteran
- Van Wert considering charter city option
- Van Wert schools offering student safety hotline
- Van Wert Health gets new baby box
- Remembering black history in Van Wert County
- Van Wert County Auditor's Office under investigation
- Power Outage reported in Van Wert County
- 2 Arrested In Van Wert Drug Raid