VAN WERT, Ind. (WFFT) - Van Wert police have released more information about an investigation into a baby's death.
It happened June 28 on the 800 block of Leeson Avenue.
Police said someone, who claimed to be the baby's mother, called dispatchers claiming a baby wasn't breathing.
The caller said the baby was with the babysitter while she was at work.
Dispatchers were able to talk the baby sitter through CPR until police arrived.
The infant was taken to Van Wert County Hospital, where they later died.
The Van Wert Police Department is working with several agencies, including the prosecutor's office.
Officers said they didn't have all the medical reports so the case is still open.
- Van Wert Police release more details on infant death investigation
- Van Wert seeing tourism boom
- Van Wert celebrates War of 1812 veteran
- Van Wert considering charter city option
- Van Wert schools offering student safety hotline
- Van Wert Health gets new baby box
- Cuts possible to Van Wert police and fire
- Police investigate critically injured infant
- Van Wert student arrested after making threat to school
- Second student arrested in Van Wert county after school threat