FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The VA Northern Indiana Health Care System will ban smoking from its facilities.
The VA said it will become a tobacco free campus beginning October 1.
This means employees, patients, visitors and contractors won't be allowed to use cigarettes, electronic cigarettes or other tobacco products on the VA grounds.
Thousands of health care facilities nationwide have implemented smoke-free grounds.
- VA Medical Center to ban smoking in October
- VA facilities in Northeast Indiana ban smoking
- Fort Wayne VA Medical Center unveils new renovations
- VA Medical Center holds open house for women veterans
- National public housing smoking ban takes effect
- Munster bans public vaping along with smoking
- Fort Wayne VA center priority for fiscal 2019
- Dupont Hospital to add medically-integrated health and fitness center
- VA hospital staff celebrate veteran's 100th birthday
- Rally held for VA employees, patients