Photo Gallery 1 Images
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - The Fort Wayne VA Medical Center doesn't want any woman veteran to go without when it comes to medical needs.
There are services that women may not know are available to them so to get the word out there, they held an open house Wednesday.
"When people think about comprehensive health care services, a lot of times they think those are just female specific exams,” Women’s Veteran Health Care Program Manager Kassandra Johnson said.
While you can do those exams here,the VA Medical Center is taking it a step further than your routine check up with meditation, mental health providers, a suicide prevention team and coordinators who help you heal from military sexual trauma.
"I've been with the VA since the beginning of 2016, and I'm still learning some of the options that are available to the veterans, so it's a learning process," veteran Karen Wilson said.
A lot of people aren't aware these services exist and the VA is trying to change that by connecting the women with resources.
They'll have someone on site Monday through Friday to help when you come in.
If you're interested in learning more about what's offered you can call 260-426-5431.
- VA Medical Center holds open house for women veterans
- Fort Wayne VA Medical Center unveils new renovations
- VA hospital staff celebrate veteran's 100th birthday
- Byron Health Center holds Eggstravaganza
- Fort Wayne VA center priority for fiscal 2019
- Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control holds spring open house
- Parkview Wabash Hospital holds open house for the public
- Kroger holding Grand Opening celebration
- Parkview opening new cancer center
- Weisser Park youth center holds Kwanzaa celebration