On Friday night, January 26, 2018, two people were taken into custody for two separate robberies that occurred at the Warsaw Market, located at 801 E. Center St., Warsaw, on 01/02/2018 and 01/12/2018.
Investigation into the robbery that occurred on 01/02/2018 led officers to Christopher Roberts, 38, of Warsaw. Officers were informed that a male subject matching the description in the video release was responsible for a second robbery that occurred at a gas station at the corner of IN-114 and IN-15 in Wabash County on 01/07/2018.
Detectives with the Indiana State Police compared surveillance videos and identified a vehicle in both videos. This led investigators to Christopher, who was arrested and is being held at the Wabash County Jail. Christopher will be charged with armed robbery with deadly weapon, level 3 felony, battery with deadly weapon, level 5 felony, theft with enhancement, level 6 felony.
Information for the robbery that occurred on 01/12/2018 led officers to James Ray Loftis, 36, of Warsaw. James was arrested and booked in for armed robbery with deadly weapon, level 3 felony, and theft with enhancement, level 6 felony.
- Two taken into custody on two separate robberies at the Warsaw Market
- EF-1 tornado hits Warsaw
- Warsaw man dies after hitting school bus
- Man shot near Creighton and Warsaw
- Police searching for Brownlee Market robbery suspect
- Stabbing suspect charged with murder, Warsaw residents react
- New Warsaw fire station is ready to be built
- Warsaw woman critically injured in crash with semi
- Warsaw Community Schools bring History to life for 4th graders
- Indiana State Police investigating Warsaw officer-involved shooting