FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - A woman is in critical condition and a man was seriously hurt after they were shot while sleeping in bed overnight.
Police were called around 1:35 a.m. Friday to 4525 Gaywood Drive.
The victims, 29-year-old Quamel Stinson and 31-year-old Latoyia Billingsley, were taken to a local hospital in serious condition, but Billingsley was downgraded to critical when she got there.
An initial investigation suggests the two were in bed when shots rang out from the back alley.
An officer near the house found a vehicle with people inside and tried to go talk to them, but they fled. Police are currently trying to determine if the vehicle is related to this shooting.
Several shell casings were also found in the area. Detectives are going door to door talking to witnesses.
No suspect information is available at this time.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call police at 427-1222.
- Two people shot while sleeping in bed overnight
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- Six people shot in South Bend
- Multiple people shot at Maryland newspaper
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 40 stores
- What to drink to help you sleep
- Wake up, people: You're fooling yourself about sleep, study says
- Two people shot, killed at Central Michigan University
- More recovery beds open to fight addiction in Fort Wayne
- Bed Bath and Beyond is closing 20 more stores