MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) - UPDATE 2: Two people killed at Central Michigan University have been identified as the parents of a 19-year-old student who is being sought by police.
The university says the shooting victims are James Davis Sr. and Diva Davis. Records show they're from Plainfield, Illinois.
More than 100 officers are searching Mount Pleasant, Michigan, for James Eric Davis Jr. The shooting occurred Friday around 8:30 a.m. at Central Michigan's Campbell Hall, a dormitory. Police say he fled on foot.
The university is about 70 miles north of Lansing, Michigan's state capital.
UPDATE: Police are asking for the public's help as they search for a 19-year-old man suspected of killing two people at Central Michigan University.
The shooting occurred in a residence hall Friday morning on the campus in Mount Pleasant. Police say neither victim was a student.
Lt. Larry Klaus says police are searching for James Eric Davis Jr. Klaus says surveillance footage shows the young man fled on foot. He's considered armed and dangerous.
Klaus says Davis was wearing a black hoodie but apparently has been shedding certain clothes since the shooting around 8:30 a.m. His photo was released to the public. Anyone who sees him is asked not to confront him, but to call 911.
Klaus says Davis was taken to a hospital Thursday night by campus police because of a drug-related health problem, possibly an overdose.
He didn't release the names of the victims.
ORIGINAL STORY: Police say two people who aren't students have been fatally shot at a residence hall at Central Michigan University.
The school says police believe the Friday morning shooting "started from a domestic situation." Investigators are searching for a 19-year-old suspect who is considered to be armed and dangerous.
The school is urging students to take shelter. The school says no other injuries have been reported.
The shooting occurred at Campbell Hall on the last day of classes before spring break.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two people shot, killed at Central Michigan University
- Michigan AG seeks university emails, texts in Nassar review
- Science Central hosts Purdue University Fort Wayne day
- Two people shot in Fort Wayne Tuesday
- Six people shot in South Bend
- Multiple people shot at Maryland newspaper
- University of Michigan investigating after noose found at employee's desk
- Millions of people brace for snow and freezing rain from Arizona to Michigan
- Storms kill four people in Kentucky, Arkansas
- Seven people killed in Florida interstate crash