ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) - A woman and a child escaped a house fire with minor injuries after jumping off a roof Friday evening.
Crews were called just before 5:00 p.m. to 4785 W. US 20. Firefighters found heavy smoke and flames coming from the second floor of the house.
Crews were pushed back by the wind driven fire, but were able to get the blaze under control in about an hour.
People passing by helped two people to safety as they jumped from the roof in the back of the house and were caught at the bottom.
The homeowners told FOX 55 on Saturday the house was being rented by two single moms and five kids, but only two people were home at the time of the fire.
They said off camera they're just grateful everyone is safe.
The cause of the fire isn't known, but the homeowners said a team is expected to go to the house Sunday morning to investigate.
- Two people jump off roof to escape house fire
- Firefighters help woman escape house fire
- Family and dog escape house fire
- Five escape apartment fire
- One person escapes apartment fire
- 13 people safe from house fire
- People worried about housing development
- Inmate escapes Noble County courthouse
- Woman escapes without injuries after car catches fire
- People called 911 after seeing a dummy hanging from the roof. It was just a 'Christmas Vacation' gag