The autopsies have been completed, and positive identification has been made regarding the two male individuals found at 2423 South Calhoun Street, Apartment B, Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana, on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
The cause of death for both individuals has been determined to be gunshot wounds of the chest. The manner of death has been
determined to be homicide and suicide.
The identity of the two victims is being withheld pending notification to the next of kin. The incident remains under investigation by the
Fort Wayne Police Department, the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office and the Allen County Coroner’s Office.
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT) - Two people were found dead inside a vacant apartment in the 2400 block of South Calhoun Street Tuesday morning.
The Fort Wayne Police Department said the property owner heard something coming from upstairs of the business.
Officers said they heard a gunshot once they arrived and called in EST and CRT units.
Attempts to contact the person inside were unsuccessful so police sent in a robot and found a man dead.
A second man was also found dead inside the building.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Two people found dead in vacant apartment
- Woman found dead in apartment
- Fire destroys vacant home
- Fire started at vacant house
- Man is arrested after 3 dead children are found in an apartment in Texas
- Missing Kendallville man found dead
- 4 people are found shot to death in an Ohio apartment, and their killer is on the loose
- Five escape apartment fire
- Man found dead in Walgreens parking lot
- Charles Levin, Hollywood actor, found dead