KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) – Two men were hospitalized after a crash in Washington Township.
Deputies with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office responded to calls about a collision just after 7 p.m. Sunday on Pierceton Road near CR 600 E.
Deputies said the collsion happened when a 1997 Pontiac Firebird, driven by 20-year-old Glen D. Chupp, 20, of Nappanee, who was driving eastbound on Pierceton Road passed a vehicle, also traveling eastbound, in front of him. While Chupp was trying to complete the pass, his vehicle collided with a westbound 2008 Harley-Davidson motorcycle, driven by 51-year-old Edward Frost of Warsaw.
Frost was thrown off his motorcycle as a result of the collision.
Frost was transported to Lutheran Hospital for serious injuries and Chupp was transported to the Kosciusko Community Hospital for minor injuries.
Deputies said that Chupp was taken into custody Sunday night. He is facing a preliminary charge of criminal recklessness with a vehicle.
This crash is still under investigation by the Kosciusko County Fatal Team.
- Washington Township crash leads to one arrest
- Small Indiana townships face forced mergers
- Jackson Township Hall moved to new location
- Indiana House GOP wants small townships to consolidate
- Indiana township merger bill fails without legislative vote
- County and Township officials take oaths for office Monday
- Washington Center Road shut down after crash
- "Operation Buzzkill" leads to 26 arrests
- Drug sting leads to arrest by FWPD
- St. Joe Township Volunteer Fire Department closing at the end of the year