FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Two men facing murder charges for an Easter morning shooting appeared in court in Allen County Wednesday morning.
Joshua Smiley and Tyrion McNair are both being charged with murder in the death of 26-year-old Javon Burnett. More than a dozen witnesses came forward who led police to Smiley and McNair.
Smiley was also charged in the September 2015 murder of Alonna Allison, but Allen County Prosecutor, Karen Richards, dropped the charges last year after three witnesses couldn't be found.
Smiley will be back in court on August 1st for his trial setting.
McNair requested a speedy trial, and will be back in court on July 25th for a trial setting.
- Two men facing murder charges for Easter shooting appear in court
- Man sentenced in Easter Day murder
- 1 dead in Easter morning shooting
- One dead in second Easter shooting
- Two charged in Easter morning homicide
- Murder suspect in court
- SCAN distributes Easter baskets
- Man charged with five-year-old's murder appears in court
- Man facing murder, feticide charges after girlfriend shot
- Mother of Easter shooting victim's son speaks out