ADAMS COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Two Mercer County men were arrested after a poaching investigation.
Sunday, deputies were called to Piqua Road near CR 650 E on a shots fired and spotlighting of wildlife call.
Deputies found Nicholas R. Routt and Eric A. Flory nearby and were suspicious of illegal activity.
An off duty deputy also found a dead deer in the area.
Routt and Flory were taken to the Adams County jail on poaching related charges.
- Two men accused of poaching deer in Adams County
- Man charged for poaching three-legged deer
- A woman is fined after bragging about poaching a deer to a game warden on a dating app
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Two-year investigation ends in arrest for poaching-related charges
- Two killed in Adams County crash
- Geneva woman killed in Adams County crash
- Swimmer Adam Peaty just smashed the world record for the men's 100-meter breaststroke
- Two Adams County Amish women get probation in midwifery case
- Victim identified in fatal Adams County accidental shooting