KOSCIUSKO COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT)- Indiana Conservation Officers are investigating an off road vehicle accident that occurred Friday night around 7:00 p.m.
It happened at 6005 W. Schilling Road in Mentone. Two male juveniles were hurt in the accident.
According to a press release, a 15-year-old male was operating the ORV on private property with a second male, 16, riding passenger. The operator lost control of the ORV near a private pond and rolled the vehicle. The vehicle entered the pond and submerged.
Both occupants were thrown from the vehicle, and into the pond.
The property owner, Cary Groninger, 50, called 911.
The operator was able to swim out of the pond, and was suffering from minor injuries, but the passenger was believed to still be submerged in the pond.
Groninger searched the area, found the passenger, and brought him to shore where medics administered aid.
Neither victim was wearing a helmet, but officers do believe they were wearing safety harnesses.
Both victims were transported to Kosciusko Community Hospital and treated for their injuries. The passenger was later flown to Parkview Hospital in Fort Wayne.
- Two kids hurt in ORV crash
- Man critically hurt in crash
- 7-year-old hurt in crash
- Driver hurt in roll over crash
- Man hurt in motorcycle crash Saturday
- Woman hurt in rural Allen County crash
- Woman critically hurt after car crash
- Man hurt in moped crash Wednesday
- Ashley man hurt in three vehicle crash
- Spencerville man hurt in motorcycle crash