FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Police are investigating an early morning shooting that left a woman in critical condition and a teenage girl in serious condition.
Police said they were called around 4:10 a.m. to a report of a domestic disturbance at 4601 Spatz Avenue. When they got there, they found a woman and a teenage girl with gunshot wounds in the front yard. Both victims were taken to a local hospital. Police later learned the girl escaped the house to get help from a neighbor.
Witnesses told officers they saw a car leave the scene. Cops were able to catch up with the suspect, and tried to stop him, but he refused, leading police on a short pursuit. The man crashed the car into a bench and landscaping material in the 1400 block of south Harrison Street. The man wasn't hurt in the crash, and cops took him in for questioning.
Police said the man and woman had a previous relationship.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Two hurt in Spatz Avenue shooting
- Victims in Spatz Avenue double shooting identified
- Suspect arrested in Spatz Avenue double shooting, neighbors react
- Bowser Avenue shooting victims identified
- Runnion Avenue shooting victim identified
- Central Avenue shooting victim identified
- Senate Avenue shooting victim identified
- One hurt in mall shooting
- Trial set for Lake Avenue shooting suspect
- Creighton Avenue shooting has neighborhood in fear