STEUBEN COUNTY, Ind. (WFFT) - Two people are dead after a crash involving an Indiana State Police Trooper.
The crash happened between Angola and Fremont on the Indiana Toll Road around 4 p.m. Tuesday.
The Indiana State Police said troopers Jacob Bill and Osbaldo Regalado were heading west in the left lane with lights and sirens on while responding to a crash in LaGrange County.
ISP said Regalado swerved into the right lane to avoid slowing traffic.
Regalado hit an SUV and both veichles went off the road into a guardrail.
Terry Wentworth, 76, and his wife, Gloria, 74, were killed in the crash.
Regalado was taken to a Fort Wayne hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.
The Steuben County Prosector will determine if any charges are filed once the investigation is complete.
- Two die in Toll Road crash involving Indiana State Trooper
- Victims of toll road crash identified
- Ohio State Trooper hit on slick roads
- Indiana State Trooper injured in shooting
- Indiana Finance Authority OKs new Toll Road deal, rate hike
- Crash on Lima Road involves FWPD cruiser
- Account set up to help family of Indiana State Trooper killed in crash
- Two die in Noble County crash
- 12 die in plane crash in Colombia
- Two Michigan Men Jailed On Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop On Indiana Toll Road