One man and one woman have been arrested in a drug related incident at 3699 N 175 East, Lot 63 Warsaw yesterday.
At approximately 8:30 A.M. the Kosciusko County Detectives responded with Child Protective Services to Lot 63 Suburban Acres to check the welfare of a child. During the investigation into the drug allegations at the residence a female wanted subject was located. The female was identified as 29 year-old Traci Craig of Warsaw, Indiana and was found to be wanted on a failure to appear warrant. Drug paraphernalia was located on Traci Craig at the scene and charges for possession of paraphernalia are being forwarded to the Prosecutor’s Office for her.
A male subject was found passed out in a vehicle at the residence, and was initially thought to be overdosing of narcotics. The male subject was identified as Darren Heinzman, 36 years of age, of Syracuse Indiana. Darren Heinzman was charged with dealing heroin, dealing methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, and neglect of a dependent. Darren Heinzman was medically cleared due to his intoxication and then booked into the Kosciusko County Jail. The investigation into the drug incident led detectives to a location on Pixie Parkway near Syracuse Indiana to look for a young child that could not be verified to be safe. The child was found unattended and soiled at approximately 12:45 P.M. at the Pixie Parkway location. The child was being cared for by Darren Heinzman, but was left unattended for an extended period of time. The investigation is ongoing and further charges are possible on other persons involved.
The Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office advises that the defendant’s charge is merely an accusation, and that the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
- Two arrested on drug related charges in Kosciusko County
- Five arrested in Kosciusko County drug bust
- Burglary suspects arrested in Kosciusko County
- Nurse, inmate at Kosciusko Jail arrested in drug trafficking sting
- Flooding hits Kosciusko residents
- Man charged with child molesting in Kosciusko County
- Kosciusko County emergency personnel respond to more than 100 snow-related incidents
- Vehicular pursuit leads to drug-related arrest in Lagrange County
- Indiana AG Curtis Hill announces drug rehab program at Kosciusko County Jail
- Kosciusko County officials investigate traffic crash near Etna Green