Two people are in custody after standing off with police Monday afternoon.
It all started when the Indiana State Police got a tip that a man they were looking for was in a home on the 7000 block of Rain Tree Road, which is located in the neighborhood right across the street from Northrop High School.
State troopers went to the house to serve Shaun Lee Jefferson a warrant from Kosciusko County. He was wanted for several charges--including a parole violation and battery with a deadly weapon. They tried calling Jefferson out of the house for several hours before the SWAT team went in. Inside, troopers found Jefferson and a woman hiding under isolation in the attic. Troopers say they did what they could to stay safe during the 4 hour ordeal.
No one was hurt during the standoff, and both people were taken to the Kosciusko County Jail.
- Two arrested after standoff with state police
- Police standoff ends peacefully Tuesday
- Burglary suspect surrenders after standoff
- Adams County standoff ends peacefully
- Police standoff lasts for seven hours in Steuben County
- Subject of standoff faces new charges
- FWPD involved in Monday morning standoff
- Indiana State Police make arrest in string of armed robberies
- Arrests made following police pursuit
- State police investigating skeletal remains