HICKSVILLE, Ohio (WFFT) - A Defiance County couple was arrested in relation to the death of a child in 2016.
Jared Stark, 33, and Sarah Stark, 35, were locked up in the Correction Center of Northwest Ohio Thursday on child endangering charges.
The Defiance County Sheriff's Office said on October 29, 2016, a child was born inside their home on the 5400 block of Arrowsmith Road in Hicksville, Ohio, but it died 10 hours later.
Wednesday, deputies found the child's body in the home.
The Lucas County, Ohio Coroner's Office will do an autopsy in Toledo.
The case will be handed to the Defiance County Prosecutor, where a grand jury is expected to indict the couple on more charges.
- Two arrested after baby dies in Hicksville
- Hicksville man dies in lawn mower incident
- Parents, grandparents indicted in death of Hicksville baby
- Illegal immigrant accused of Hicksville rape
- Safe Haven Baby Box opens at Community Memorial Hospital in Hicksville
- Hicksville schools installing metal detectors at main entrances
- Baby dies in DeKalb County farming accident.
- Battery victim dies, suspect arrested
- Zoo welcomes baby giraffe
- Police investigating baby's death