LaGrange County-Two men from Michigan ended up in jail on drug charges following a traffic stop by an Indiana State Trooper on the Indiana Toll Road.
On January 16, 2018, around 1:00 p.m., Trooper Zarek Finley made a traffic stop on a silver Hyundai for a moving violation near the 112 mile marker westbound. This is approximately nine miles west of the Howe/LaGrange exit.
While talking with the driver, Jon Limbacher, age 28 of Montgomery, MI, Finley reportedly became suspicious of criminal activity and called for Trooper Dave Caswell and his K9 partner, Chase to come assist.
A free-air sniff search of the Hyundai was conducted and troopers found 75 individual bottles of suspected marijuana wax. Each bottle was approximately 1 gram. Also located was approximately 10 grams of suspected marijuana, paraphernalia, and almost $10,000 in United States currency.
Limbacher and his passenger, Kyle Jelenc, age 30 of Hillsdale, MI, were both arrested and face preliminary charges of Dealing Marijuana- Level 6 Felony, Maintaining a Common Nuisance- Level 6 Felony, Possession of Marijuana-Class A Misdemeanor (2 counts each), and Possession of Paraphernalia- Class C Misdemeanor.
- Two Michigan Men Jailed On Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop On Indiana Toll Road
- Woman facing several charges after Toll Road traffic stop
- Traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Indiana Finance Authority OKs new Toll Road deal, rate hike
- Two die in Toll Road crash involving Indiana State Trooper
- Man facing 15 charges after traffic stop
- Victims of toll road crash identified
- Indiana jail drug exposure sends 24 to hospital
- Regulators approve Indiana Michigan Power rate hike
- Traffic stop leads to narcotics charges in Winona Lake