FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- Thursday afternoon, Turnstone hosted a 'birthday bash' for the community and its members at the Plassman Athletic Center.
"We serve about 3,600 people a year through our services at Turnstone so some of the folks that you'll see here today in the background you'll see here multiple days of the week, but we're also hoping to attract those community members who maybe haven't heard of Turnstone yet," said Turnstone Chief Development Officer Rena Burden.
Employees at Turnstone celebrated the organization's 75th anniversary with a free wheelchair and mobility equipment cleaning and repair event. Celebrations also included a cake cutting, and a corvette raffle winner drawing.
"They're able to come in, stop in and get their equipment cleaned up and tuned up," said Burden.
Each year, Turnstone helps to empower people with disabilities to achieve their highest potential.
"We do that by offering comprehensive services in the areas of physical theory, occupational and speech therapy, all the way from our pediatric clients to our adult clients. We also offer adult day services, a memory care unit and adaptive sports for our clients. "
It's one of the few places in the country that offers services and programs to people with disabilities and their families under one roof.
"We're just excited to have a facility like Turnstone in Fort Wayne and to have the support of the community for the past 75 years to make it all possible," said Burden.
- Turnstone celebrates 75 years of service to the community
- Turnstone to host international paralympic qualifying competition in Fort Wayne
- FWCS holds community service day
- Chevy trucks celebrate 100 years
- Erin's House celebrates 25 years
- Community celebrates Visiting Nurse services, Christmas tree lit at Baker Street Station
- The Summer Community Celebration has large turn out for second year
- The Harambee Festival celebrates 25th year
- Indiana Tech University holds first MLK Community Celebration
- Diocese celebrates largest priest ordination class in over 40 years