WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says he'll be discussing the Florida school shooting with the nation's governors.
Trump says the "horrible event" that killed 17 high school students and teachers will be the top agenda item when the governors come to the White House on Monday for meetings.
Socializing was on the agenda Sunday night when the governors and their spouses arrived at the White House night for their annual ball.
Florida Gov. Rick Scott is among those attending. Trump thanked Scott, a close ally, and told the governor he's "doing a great job."
Trump says he's very proud of all the governors. He says they are "very, very special people" who do an "incredible" job.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump to discuss Florida shooting with governors
- IPFW officials discuss preparedness for mass shootings
- Federal official identifies Florida school shooting suspect
- YWCA discusses dealing with grief after mass shootings
- Indiana gun bill under scrutiny following Florida shooting
- Florida police arrest more teens for school shooting threats
- Fatal mass shooting at riverfront mall in Jacksonville, Florida
- Florida governor to sign bill making it more difficult for ex-felons to vote
- YWCA discusses inequality in schools
- I&M crews headed to Florida