FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The first Tru by Hilton Hotel in Indiana opened its doors in Fort Wayne this summer, offering a different experience for tourists looking to visit the Summit City.
”People come in in a good mood and they mingle. You never see that in hotels. It’s wonderful. It’s awesome," said Connie Wannemacher, general manager of the hotel.
Wannemacher said while they celebrated Wednesday, the hotel has actually been taking guests for the last two months.
”We’ve been sold out. They normally take 3-6 months to ramp up. We ramped up in 2 weeks," she said.
Only 35 Tru Hotels are open across the country, but 400 more are in the works.
With 92 rooms, a salt water pool, and easy access to I-69, Visit Fort Wayne CEO, Dan O'Connell said he expects tourism to boom.
”Tourism in Fort Wayne is a $560 million business. We host just over 5 million visitors a year. And this is another opportunity, with the opening of the Tru Hotel, to entertain and host these guests when they come to our community," he said.
The Tru by Hilton Hotel aims to give guests a truly unique experience. The bright colors and smaller rooms are part of that experience. Another goal of the hotel is to encourage guests to enjoy everything they have to offer.
”The rooms are a little on the small side. It provides all of the amenities you need, but it kind of forces people to come downstairs and interact with each other," said Vince Dora, president of Dora Hospitality.
If you can book a room, rates start at $99 and go up to $179.
- Tru by Hilton celebrates opening in Fort Wayne
- Greater Fort Wayne celebrates success
- Fort Wayne holds 14th annual Juneteenth celebration
- Gander Outdoors opens in Fort Wayne
- New brewery now open in Fort Wayne
- IU Health opens Fort Wayne office Wednesday
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- People in Fort Wayne celebrate World Down Syndrome Day
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo celebrates National Zookeeper Week
- Super Shot celebrates 25 years in Fort Wayne