FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WFFT)- The jury trial for a man accused of murdering a two-year-old back in November was pushed back to October 23.
Mitchell Vanryn is facing a murder charge, aggravated battery, and domestic battery in the death of Malakai Garrett. His trial was originally set for May, but was rescheduled.
Family members told FOX 55 back in November they had a feeling Vanryn was beating Malakai for months, and even made calls to CPS.
Vanryn will be back in court August 10 for a pretrial conference.
- Trial pushed back for Mitchell Vanryn
- Trial date set for Vanryn
- Trial pushed back for hotel death suspect
- Vanryn not guilty of murder in death of toddler
- Trial of Dee Dee Barnett has been pushed back
- Proposed law pushed back first day of school
- Accused murderer stands trial
- Trial set for Logan Stuth
- Markle family pushes for chicken ordinance
- Indiana senator pushes for CBD oil legalization