FORT WAYNE, Ind. (FOX 55) - Bryan Flowers sat in an Allen County court room on Tuesday, December 11th facing a murder charge for the death of De'andre Voss on December 23rd, 2017.
Police records say that officers were called to the 1400 block of Greene Street at the Villages of Hanna apartments when witnesses heard gunshots and saw a man lying in the grass, bleeding around 4:00 a.m.
That man was identified as Voss.
Later, video surveillance from the apartment complex would show a number of people at the scene of the crime, and along with DNA evidence collected from a cigarette butt at the scene, officers were directed to Bryan Flowers, who was eventually arrested.
In March, officers spoke with someone in the Allen County Jail on an unrelated crime who's believed to be a witness of the crime who later revealed he was one of the people on the surveillance footage.
The witness claims that Flowers is the one who shot Voss.
However, in the courtroom Tuesday, the defense stated that Flowers says another person pulled the trigger and killed Voss.
Jurors were selected Tuesday for the case, which is expected to feature statements from more than a dozen people, which includes witnesses and various police officers.
The trial is expected to last until Thursday, December 13, 2018 and we'll update you with the latest information is it becomes available.
- Trial of Fort Wayne man accused of murder begins
- "Savor Fort Wayne" begins
- Accused murderer stands trial
- Fort Wayne man charged in mother's murder
- Fort Wayne man convicted in barbershop murder
- Leaf collections begin in Fort Wayne
- Senior Games 2019 begins in Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne man handed maximum sentence for murder, attempted murder
- Trial begins for Ligonier murder suspect
- Murder suspect extradited to Fort Wayne