Photo Gallery 1 Images
ANGOLA, Ind. (WFFT) - A tree trimmer was trapped 55 feet in the air Monday after firefighters say a bucket truck made contact with a power line and ignited into flames.
Angola firefighters responded to 3121 W. Shady Side Road at 1:42 p.m.
Firefighters say the truck came into contact with a 7,200-volt power line, causing an arc that ignited the truck's body and boom on fire.
The truck lost all hydraulic power, trapping the operator nearly six stories in the air.
Firefighters say they rescued the worker using a ladder truck. One man was treated at the scene by Steuben County EMS.
The incident has been ruled accidental.
- Tree-trimming truck catches fire in Angola, traps worker
- Two Angola homes destroyed after car catches fire in garage
- Tree-trimming crew member fatally struck in northern Indiana
- Electrical fire damages Angola home
- Driver dies after truck crashes into Angola home
- Fire destroys mobile home in Angola
- Electrical fire destroys Angola mobile home
- Fire hurts two people in Angola
- New hotel opens in Angola
- NIPSCO trims natural gas rate hike plan, citing tax cuts